Call today for a FREE, confidential, in-home consultation
WHO WE ARE
Licensed since 1983, Big Bend Hospice provides expert health care, encouragement, hope, compassion and companionship to people with a limited life expectancy so that they can complete personal goals and find spiritual and emotional peace.
WHAT WE DO
- Big Bend Hospice is here to take the fear out of the unknown and guide you through the difficulties of dealing with a life limiting illness.
- We provide each patient with a care team composed of the patient’s own physician, a hospice nurse, home health aide, family support counselor, music therapist, chaplain and trained volunteer.
- Our staff are experts in pain and symptom control.
- Big Bend Hospice can provide care in the patients own home, in a nursing home or assisted living facility, in the hospital or in our Hospice House.
- We are here to support the patient’s family, providing comfort, support and counseling.
- There is a Big Bend Hospice nurse on-call 24 hours a day so that whenever you need an immediate response we are here to provide a compassionate presence and knowledgeable answers.
- We are accredited by Community Health Accreditation Program (CHAP), and meet the highest national Hospice care standards.
- Big Bend Hospice serves Franklin, Gadsden, Jefferson, Leon, Liberty, Madison, Taylor and Wakulla counties in Florida.
HOW WE DO IT
- Hospice services are covered by Medicare and Medicaid under a special benefits section. Most commercial insurance and HMO’s also have a Hospice benefit.
- We provide care based on medical need regardless of age, sex, race, religion, lifestyle or ability to pay.
- 30% of all Big Bend Hospice programs including music therapy are funded primarily through community support.
- Big Bend Hospice is a certified member agency of the United Way of the Big Bend.