Careers - Join Our Team!
Caring for patients and their families at the end of life requires special people who have the caring spirit and commitment to provide this special kind of compassionate care. Whether you are interested in a career or in volunteering, Big Bend Hospice is committed to providing the education, tools and work environment to allow you to perform at your best. We have dedicated ourselves to being the “employer of choice” and the kind of organization that is so focused and responsive to our staff and volunteers that they would not want to work anyplace else.
Hospice work is a calling, much more than a job. We are all partners in our mission to care for human beings at life’s end: making a difference in the lives of our fellow employees, as well as the lives of our patients and families.
• Big Bend Hospice employs over 200 people to care for our communities.
• 153 are full time and 21 are part time.
• 26% of our nurses and 41% of our hospice aides have advanced hospice certification
(To download an application for employment click here)
Big Bend Hospice was founded by a group of volunteers in 1983 and today, volunteers continue to be the “heart of hospice”. Whatever your interest, there is a volunteer opportunity for you. Contact our volunteer department to sign up for the next orientation.
• 422 community members volunteered with Big Bend Hospice in 2008 providing 26,347 hours of care and support.
• These volunteers saved Big Bend Hospice $530,502
• 868 additional community volunteers helped with special projects, events or fundraising.
(To volunteer with Big Bend Hospice click here)