When the quantity of life is limited, Hospice focuses on the quality of each day.
For many people, the term “Hospice” is frightening and means that hope is gone, life is over and death is imminent. But Hospice is really not about death or dying, it is about choosing to live each day to the fullest without pain, for as long as possible. It’s about spending time with friends and family, pursuing hobbies or attending football games, taking care of what matters most to you. It is not about giving up….it is about letting go of the stress, fear and uncertainty of a life limiting illness.
What Big Bend Hospice Provides:
- Peace of mind because there is a network of support and 24 hour access to services.
- Individualized care by a team of healthcare professionals so that your goals, your comfort and your needs are the focus of your team of caregivers.
- Support for the entire family so that the emotional and practical needs of your loved ones are addressed.
- All the medications, medical equipment and medical supplies necessary to treat your hospice diagnosis.
- The knowledge, education and practical advice for caregivers so that they are prepared and know what to expect as an illness progresses.