“Comfort comes from knowing that people have made the same journey.” – Helen Steiner Rice
We're here for you during your time of loss
One of life’s most difficult experiences is losing someone special. When someone we love dies, it can affect our body, mind, spirit, and relationships. Although many people initially feel uncomfortable reaching out for help, they often feel a sense of comfort, relief, and acceptance once they do.
An important part of our mission is to provide support to anyone that has lost a loved one. Big Bend Hospice offers the following grief support services to individuals and groups whether they used hospice services or have no prior hospice involvement:
- Individual counseling
- Adult grief support groups (monthly and six-week groups)
- Monthly suicide loss support group and annual suicide loss remembrance service
- Grief education, presentations, resource and referral
- Resources and educational materials (including Pet Loss)
- Holiday grief support
- Monthly Children, Teen, and Family Nights
- Two annual youth grief camps, Camp Woe-Be-Gone and Teen Woe-Be-Gone
- School and agency-based youth grief support groups
- Teen Woe-Be-Gone
- Camp Woe-Be-Gone
- View Upcoming Events on Our Calendar
For more information about our grief support services or to schedule a presentation, please contact 850-671-6078.
Big Bend Hospice recognizes that grief, loss, and bereavement care is needed in our community. Charity dollars are therefore sought to keep these services accessible at no cost to anyone in need.